The Portal-Monument (1936) is the only of its kind in the Balkans, dedicated to a sole regiment (or whatever military unit).
The Monument was symmetrically designed – with a central and two lateral parts. The central part was shaped like a triumphal arch. An inscription in bronze above the opening reads “Eternal glory to those who fell in the name of the Motherland”; two other inscriptions, bearing the years 1912 – 1913 and 1915 – 1918, on the two sides of the entrance.
The two lateral parts were formed like tall rectangular columns, at the facade footings of which, two stone soldiers stand on eternal guard. On the other side, two stone maps depict the victorious march of the Regiment during the Balkan and First World Wars.