The Monument of the Fallen in the Serbo-Bulgarian War (1885) is the only one that reflects the active participation of 8th Coastal Infantry Regiment of Varna in this war.
In the summer of 1885, the Regiment took part in the victorious battles at Slivnitsa, Dragoman, Tsaribrod and Pirot. During the war, the people who gave their lives were 249 – officers and soldiers. The Monument was set up to the initiative of the survivors. The Monument rises as high as 8.60 m and has a pyramid-like architectural composition following the design of most Russian war monuments. Four commemorative plates of white marble, along with a gilded St. Andrew’s cross (the only gilded cross in Varna by that time), were mounted on the Monument.