Technical University – Varna was established in 1962. It strives to provide engineers for shipbuilding, transport, machinery, electricity and communications technology needed for industrial complexes in chemistry, shipbuilding and ship repair, engine building, transport, electrical engineering, electronics and communications developing in northeastern Bulgaria.
The University has modern sports facilities: a gym, a fitness center, table tennis hall, chess club and outdoor sports facilities (football, 2 basketball and two volleyball courts).
At present, the structure of the Technical University of Varna comprises 6 faculties and 2 colleges:
– Manufacturing Engineering Faculty
– Shipbuilding Faculty
– Electrical Faculty
– Faculty of Electronics
– Faculty of Computing Technology and Automation
– Faculty of Marine Science and Ecology
– College in the structure of TU – Varna
– Dobrudjanski College of Technology