Museum of Varna History was opened in 1969. The building dating from the middle of the XIX century (1851) which was built for the needs of the Belgian consulate.
The exhibitions present the development of the city from the late XIX and early XX century (1878-1939). There is tracked the development of Varna as a leading port, commercial and industrial, cultural, national and international tourist and spa center.
In the museum are exposed collection of ship models built at the Varna shipyard, ship equipment, marine exhibits, printing machine by the end of the XIX-th century , the first loom from 1902 of the cotton & textile factory “Progress”, samples from the factories “Textil”, “Volcan”, “Partamyan”, collections of medals and badges, photographs, documents, exhibits from the Music Festival – held annually in Varna from 1926 (later, in 1964, changed to International Ballet Competition), etc.
From the early 20th and 30th years of XX century point of special interest are the restorations of a city home, a hotel room, a cafe, a pub. Apart from the permanent exhibitions, regularly in the halls of the museum are displayed temporary exhibitions.